Sunday, February 22, 2009

Ants?

"Hey. Could we do that again? I know we haven't met, but I don't want to be an ant. You know? I mean, it's like we go through life with our antennas bouncing off one another, continously on ant autopilot, with nothing really human required of us. Stop. Go. Walk here. Drive there. All action basically for survival. All communication simply to keep this ant colony buzzing along in an efficient, polite manner. "Here's your change." "Paper or plastic?' "Credit or debit?" "You want ketchup with that?" I don't want a straw. I want real human moments. I want to see you. I want you to see me. I don't want to give that up. I don't want to be ant, you know?" - Waking Life

So here it goes. I was watching Waking Life, the episode about opera woman talking with the protaganist about recognizing human beyond the facade of lables. Something about that episode struck a real chord with me. To allow our souls confront each other and communicate. Ane I cannot agree more with the opera woman about humans turning into ants. I dont want to feel like an ant. I dont want to be labled as home owner, consumer, employee, graduate, alien, or native. I just want to feel like a human. I want you to see me as human and understand me as a human. If even for a brief moment, i just want to feel like a human being and i want to see that in your eyes and i want you to see that in my eyes. Dont you?

Here is the link to Waking Life - Ants video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ly1jejsjOhw

No comments:

Post a Comment